Graduate Conference Fund

Applying for the Graduate Conference Fund

Each academic year, a portion of the Student Activity Fee collected from all students is placed into a Graduate Conference Fund, to support any currently enrolled Georgia Tech graduate student who travels to present research at a conference. This fund is designed as a secondary source, to complement departmental or sponsored funds that do not cover all costs incurred for a trip. Additional limitations apply to where and how this money can be used (see PDF link below, "Information on Graduate Conference Funds"). The Vice President of the Graduate Conference Fund oversees the distribution of the fund.

Applications are due 21 days prior to the departure date for travel, and should be completed via the eForm link below. Please contact an accountant within your School or College with questions.  They should be your first point of contact and will be able to guide you through the process. Application materials are available in hard copy at the SGA office, in addition to being accessible below.

We have recently moved to an online system called Travel and Expense (T&E) that can be accessed through Techworks.  Both Travel Authority Requests (TARs, before you leave for the conference) and Travel Expense Statements (TESs, after you return from the conference) can be generated in this system.  As we move away from the older, paper system, we ask that everyone generate both TARs and TESs through this system.  Again, if you need help navigating this, please contact an accountant or administrative assistant within your School or College.

NOTE: You should see a confirmation message and receive a confirmation email after submitting the application. If you do not, please email


Fund Information:
Required Supplemental Documents:
  • Travel Authority Request
  • Copy of conference brochure showing registration fees
  • Verification of travel-related costs (airfare, hotel cost and tax, etc.)
  • Copy of acceptance letter or conference brochure/schedule verifying conference participation.
Doctoral students in the College of Engineering or College of Sciences may be eligible for additional funding.  Please include the appropriate form with your paperwork: