All unspent funds allocated by SGA throughout the year are automatically returned at the end of June to be placed into the accounts used to fund bills for the next academic year. By submitting the rollover application, you are requesting for your organization to hold onto the unspent allocated funds into the 2021 – 2022 year. However, there are eligibility criteria that need to be met in order for the application to be accepted.
Please check back on this page next week for submission details and deadlines.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the JVP of Finance, Tanish Goel.
Eligibility Criteria for Requests
In order for a rollover request to be accepted, it must meet the general criteria listed below to the best of the request’s ability. The additional determining factors will also be taken into account when assessing all applications.
General Eligibility Criteria
- Rollovers will be considered for specific line items for both budgets and bills submitted by the Registered Student Organization.
- The request must be for specific item expenses. Less specific expense lines such as ‘decorations’ or other overarching categories that can pertain to several particular items will not be eligible for rollover this year.
- The procurement process of the requested rollover items must have already begun as determined by one or more of the following:
- A contact has been signed
- A SOFO reimbursement or payment form has been filled out
- GT Procurement or a GT staff/faculty member has already begun the purchasing process through the submittal of a requisition
- A list of items determined to be highly beneficial to most organizations in relation to normal operating expenses will generally be accepted unless extenuating circumstances are prevalent. These items do not require the procurement process to have already begun:
- Inspection Fees
- Stipends (Student and Coach)
- Personnel Pay
- Organizational Certification Fees
- Storage Fees
- General Requestable Funding Sources (e.g. Mental Health Initiatives Funding)
Additional Determining Factors
- Funding that was allocated to line items for the organization in their 2021 – 2022 budget which are identical to the items being requested in the rollover will be taken into consideration.
- The total usage of a budget or bill, and the expected capability for the line to be expended by the beginning of the Fall semester will also be taken into consideration.
- The influence of previously unknown extenuating circumstances which inhibited the usage of the funding and was impactful to the purchasing process of the line item will alter the application of the general eligibility criteria.
NOTE: A downloadable PDF of the Eligiability Criteria for your reference is available above.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why do funds need to be rolled-over?
Based originally on how the student fees are controlled by USG accounting policy, all unused funds allocated in a fiscal year are automatically relinquished back to the original account to ensure proper utilization in the next year. It also serves as a way to clear out ‘depleted fund situations’ where the money allocated has been used for its purpose but not all the funds may have been used leaving residual monies that could be used to support current and new requests.
Is this for all student organization funding?
No, this rollover request is only for SGA allocated funding either completed through an annual budget (FY20 budgets) or the bills process from the 2019 – 2020 year.
When will I hear back about my request?
You may be contacted shortly after submitting your request if there are any questions however, final decisions will be released in Mid-July pending a review by the Student Organization Finance Office (SOFO). You will be contact via the information provided in the request.
Will any exceptions be made to the eligibility criteria?
Generally, no. At this time, the Student Activity Fee is under heavy strain however, as referenced in the eligibility criteria, additional considerations will be taken into account on a more case-by-case basis to ensure equity and student organization longevity.
How do I request a rollover for a fund or account?
Reach out to the JVPF for additional information regarding fund and account rollovers.