Georgia Tech Research & Innovation Conference 2014
Submissions are CLOSED!
GTRIC has been rescheduled for March 13, 2014
Please check the schedule and participant list (bottom of page)!
Please click here to sign-up to be a judge!
Event Date: March 13, 2014
Location: Student Center Ballroom
10:30 am - 12:30 pm Registration (Student Center 3rd Floor)
12:30 pm - 2:00 pm Session A (Student Center Ballroom)
2:00 pm - 2:30 pm Break
2:30 pm - 4:00 pm Session B (Student Center Ballroom)
4:00 pm - 5:00 pm Reception (Ferst Theatre)
5:00 pm - 6:00 pm Awards Ceremony (Ferst Theatre)
Over $100,000 In Prizes!
- Poster Competition: $5000 Fellowships to the top 5 posters, $1,500 travel grants for the next 30 winners and more! Also, $5000 Fellowships to 2 posters whose projects relate to Paper Science & Technology.
- Innovation Competition: $15,000 Edison Prize and prizes for finalists.
- Ivan Allen College Paper Competition: $1,500 travel grants for the top 3 papers.
*Please note that GTRIC 2014 awards must be spent by July 1, 2015 unless an exemption is requested and approved.
What is GTRIC?
The Georgia Tech Research & Innovation Conference (GTRIC) is a yearly event that captures and exhibits the cutting-edge scientific and technological research conducted by graduate students here at the Georgia Institute of Technology. Graduate students from all disciplines participate to give their research Institute-wide exposure and compete for travel awards and scholarship prizes. Last year the conference showcased the work of approximately 400 students, and we hope to accommodate a similar number of competitors for this year's event. GTRIC is also composed of three competitions that can be applied for separately: a Poster Session, Innovation Competition, and Ivan Allen College Competition.
- 15 November 2013: Abstract Submission Deadline
- 1 January 2014: IAC Paper Submission Deadline
- 31 January 2014: IAC Paper Presentations
- 3 February 2014: Innovation Competition Semi-finals
- 10 February 2014: Innovation Competition Finals
- 11 February 2014: Poster Competition & Awards Ceremony
- 13 March 2014: Poster Competition & Awards Ceremony
Call for Volunteers
The Graduate Student Government is working very hard to make this year's event a success. As such, we welcome participation from graduate students interested in contributing to GTRIC. Whether you’d like to help plan the event, design the website, seek out corporate sponsorship, or hang flyers we could use your help. Please email us at at GTRIC@gatech.edu if you are interested in getting involved. We look forward to your participation and to seeing everyone at GTRIC 2014!
Call for Judges
In order to maintain the quality and rigor of the competition, it is crucial to have faculty judges. Your contribution as a judge will be deeply appreciated. To volunteer as a judge, please sign-up here.
This even is being graciously sponsored by:
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Student Government Association
- Institute of Paper Science & Technology
- Auxiliary Services
- Georgia Tech Research Institute